You probably already know by now, but I love reading. Books and series such as Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, The Tiger’s Curse or The Lord of The Rings have accompanied me my whole life. Some personal favorites, apart from these, include the Artemis Fowl series and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. If you haven’t read them, here are the links to their pages on goodreads.com:
- The Fowl series: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/249747.Artemis_Fowl?from_search=true&search_version=service
- Hitchhiker’s Guide: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13.The_Ultimate_Hitchhiker_s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy?from_search=true&search_version=service
This being said, a lot of people write about their favorite books, so I decided to turn things around and talk about the books I can’t wait to read. I’m probably not the first one to do this though, so the credit should go wherever it’s due.
- Magnus Chase and The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1)- Rick Riordan: Even though I’ve been reading Riordan’s books since the beginning, I couldn’t help but be excited when he announced a new series. I was even more excited when they said that it was about Norse mythology, which I find fascinating (there will be a post on this in the near future – look out for it!). And Uncle Rick did not disappoint. My only pet peeve is that the Norse gods’ personality is very similar to the Greek and Roman gods’… Maybe even too similar?
- Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) – Marissa Meyer: This is the book that I’m reading right now. I finished about 80% of it the day I started, but now I’m dragging it out because it’s the last book in the series and I don’t want it to end. Cinder, Scarlett, Cress, Thorne, Wolf, Kai, Jacin, Iko… so many people I’ll actually miss when it’s over *cries*. The whole series is great, though. It’s one of those series that gets better with each new book. I mean, a cyborg Cinderella that faces the Moon’s (yes, I said moon!) tyrant queen? Come on! Here’s to hoping that Meyer will keep up the good work and start on something new soon.
- A Gathering of Shadows – V. E. Schwab (A Darker Shade of Magic #2). Release on February 2nd, 2016: The first book in these series, A Darker Shade of Magic, was based on an extremely interesting idea: parallel universes, each with a different Earth and, on it, a different city of London. Each of these Londons has a different relationship with magic: one barely has any, another thrives thanks to it, a third craves it and will stop at nothing to get it, and yet another was devastated by it. However, the idea wasn’t fully developed when the first book ended. I’m curious to see what the author has done with it in the second book!
- Ten Thousand Skies above You – Claudia Gray (Firebird #2): It hasn’t been long since I read the first book in the Firebird series, and once again, the concept of jumping from one dimension to another had me intrigued, not to mention the romance (#Paulguerite shipper all the way – I’m coining the hashtag!). And the scenes in pre-revolution Russia? *swoons*. The covers of these books are masterpieces, and the pages inside aren’t too shabby either. I just bought this book and can’t wait to read it! Gotta finish Winter first though…
- Lady Midnight – Cassandra Clare (The Dark Artifices #1). Release on March 8th, 2016: More shadowhunters? Yes, please! Oh, Cassandra… What can I say? The first three books of the Mortal Instruments series are amazing. The other three… not so much. But the Infernal Devices trilogy? Best. Thing. Ever. Let me just say, William Owen Herondale. That should be enough to make you want to read it. Or swoon with me if you already have. If not, how about James Carstairs? Or Magnus. Magnus is also cool.
I think that’s enough books for now. I sorta get carried away…
Tell me any good books you’ve read lately so I can add them to my list, and tell me what you think of these if you’re going to read/have read them.
I’ll leave you with a link to a blog that does book reviews and challenges and such but, since (as I told you a few posts before) I’m from Spain, it’s in Spanish. Plot twist!!
PS: This is my longest post yet! I think I deserve a brownie as a reward.