Hi hi hi! I’ve been out of town for a few days, and I come back to find that I’ve not only reached 50 followers but am almost on 60! Thank you so much! There’s a special post in the works to celebrate that this blog is finally kicking off, but until that’s ready I’ll leave you with this post:
» Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
» Answer the 11 questions given to you
» Share 11 random facts about yourself
» Nominate 11 bloggers that have less than 200 followers who you think deserve this award
» Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
» Give them 11 questions to answer
- What is your favorite place you have ever visited and why?
Oh, that’s a tough one. Some places are my favourite because of the people who were there with me, such as when I went to Arnsberg (Westphalia, Germany) with friends as part of an exchange program, but there are also places where, independently from whom I was with, I just kind of felt at home, which was the case in New York, London or San Francisco.
- Would you prefer to live without food or without WiFi for 24 hours?
Definitely without WiFi. I love food too much…
- Do you prefer books or movies? What is your favorite book/movie?
Books, although some movies are pretty awesome as well. My favourite books are The Night Circus by Erin Morgernstern, Lock In by John Scalzi, The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye, the three books in the Firebird series by Claudia Gray and (a Spanish one) Todas las Hadas del Reino by Laura Gallego García. My favourite movie changes a lot. Right now I’m obsessed with Finding Dory, which I just watched, and I have always liked musical adaptations.
- What does your life look like in 15 years?
Well, I’d hope to be married and have a job somewhere that will allow me to use the languages and the knowledge I have to help people. The ultimate goal would be the UN or in Brussels, but that’s hard to balance with a family and I definitely want kids… So really, who knows?
- What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?
Be lazy. When we’re just lying around is when we get the best ideas for things to do, places to go, life in general really.
- Sport. Yay or Nay? Why?
Nay. I mean I know I should move but I just don’t like sports. I hate sweating and, I admit, have gotten progressively lazier as my homework and study load have gotten bigger. I used to go to swimming lessons and then did a few years of athletics (track and field and all that),but now I’ve given up my sports-related activities in favour of musical ones or of learning new languages.
- What is your favorite animal?
The Iberian lynx, which is this cute fellow over here: Also, anything you can pet and/or play with.
- If you could wake up anywhere in the morning, where would it be and why?
It depends. If it were only for a day then somewhere interesting and far away, like India, Ethiopia, China, New Zealand… If I had to stay there, then definitely London.
- If any Hollywood star dead or alive could play you in a film about your life, who would it be? why?
Audrey Hepburn for sure. I might not have her grace and poise but she may be able to make it look like I do! Or maybe a younger Julie Andrews…
- If you were going to be an animal, what type of animal would you be? why?
Once again, the Iberian lynx. I’d also consider a fox, or something like that, not too big. I don’t think I’m equatable to bigger animals.
- What inspired you to start blogging?
A friend’s blog. More details in my first ever post!
Alexandrina Elle’s Questions
- Zodiac sign?
Leo – I was born on August 10th.
- The person you love most and why?
I can’t choose! Friends, family, boyfriend – they all have special places in my heart.
- Dream wedding (if you want to get married)?
A big, white one, but with a modern touch, in summer.
- Biggest pet peeve and why?
Attention seekers and people who smell bad/have bad breath. You don’t ned to go around begging, I’m sure there’s a lot of people who would like to spend time with you, myself included… except if you smell. My sense of smell is (I think) more developed than the others and therefore kinda sensible.
- Favourite author?
Erin Morgernstern ❤
- Why did you start blogging?
I was inspired by a friend’s blog. More details in my first ever post!
- Do you think you’re beautiful? (you are btw)
Aw, thanks! I mean, I don’t go around telling everyone to look at me, but I don’t think I’m ugly either. I guess I’m just comfortable in my own skin, because I have people who like me for who I am.
- What do you love about blogging?
Blogging is still new and exciting for me, and I hope it stays that way. That’s one of the things I most like about it. All the blogs I follow post pretty often, so there are always new things for me to read. And through these posts I connect with people, which I also love – I really enjoy getting comments from people, and most of all being inspired by them to write my own stuff which will – hopefully – inspire someone else in turn.
- Best holiday so far and why?
Summer of 2010. I went on a Baltic Sea cruise with my family and visited Finland, Poland, Sweden, Russia, Denmark and Estonia. There were things to see both in and out of the boat, never a moment of boredom, beautiful cities and delicious food to boot! Also the summer of 2006, in which I went to San Francisco and then spent a week in the beautiful Yellowstone park.
- Favourite sport to watch on tv or play and why?
I don’t really play or watch sports, but I do enjoy going to my little sister’s basketball matches.
- Favourite musician/band?
So many! I’m a fangirl type of person, and I jump from band to band, although I do tend to stay in the pop area. I usually obsess over one band and then just have lots of songs from lots of random bands that I also adore. I’m currently obsessed with Pentatonix, and am also loving Jess Glynne and Lost Frequencies. The soundtrack of almost any musical is also right up my alley.
11 Random Facts about Me
- I speak or am learning to speak five languages.
- I used to be much taller than the rest of the kids in my class but now I’m on the short side (5’4″).
- The left door of the closet in my room is my ‘obsession door’. On the inside it’s got stickers and posters of all the bands, tv shows, youtubers, etcetera that I’ve ever obsessed over.
- I collect postcards from the places where I’ve been and have them stuck on my wall in a tumblry fashion.
- I wish I knew how to play the piano.
- I also really want a henna tattoo.
- Trying new things makes me really nervous, but I really like doing it.
- I want to learn how to cook well. Right now, I know just about enough to survive.
- I love kids. So much so, that I work as a teaching assistant every summer.
- I lived for five years in Philly, PA
- I’m a foodie
- Cats and Chocolate
- Basic and Bipolar
- Paakhi Bhatnagar
- Pancake Bunnykins
- Allie M
- Anyone else who reads this! 🙂
- First place on your must-visit list
- Scented candles: yay or nay? Why?
- Favourite pizza topping
- Time travel or space travel? Why?
- If you had to eat one type of chocolate for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Favourite type of blog post
- What is your favourite thing about the country you live in?
- Longest book you’ve ever read
- Share a guilty pleasure
- Favourite quote
- What did you want to be when you were little and how is it different from what you are/want to be now?
Whew, that took a while!
See you soon,